Kuala Lumpur Raspberry Jam 2015
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where and what is the event/program itinerary? - PDF version is available here. It's also published on this page, please scroll to the bottom. Please read this page in entirety in order not to miss any important information.
- Why do I need to register online? - So that we know you are coming and we can prepare enough goodies bag, coffee and lunch.
- Can I register only when I am there? - Yes you can but you run the risk of not getting a goodies bag. Priority will be given to those who registered online.
- Can I skip registration? - Yes you can but you won't get a goodies bag.
- Can I come anytime I like? - Yes you can but you will miss getting a goodies bag after 10.30am.
- Will I get a goodies bag? - Yes but only for those who registered early (eg. online) and arrive early (eg. before 10.30am or much earlier). Only 1st one hundred registered attendees who ARRIVED EARLY will get goodies bag.
- Need To Bring Laptop? - Attendees are not required to bring laptop for all talks and workshops EXCEPT FOR this workshop titled "Getting your Raspberry Pi up and running and setting up Raspberry Pi for File sharing by Vick Nesh".
- Do I need to pay for Talks and Workshops? - No for the Talks, Yes for hands-on workshops. Attendees need to have Raspberry Pi in order to learn hands-on.
- Do I need to pay for food? - Yes, you need to pay for Lunch at the cafeteria. No, you don't have to pay for coffee breaks and snacks.
- Does the Talks and Events run concurrently? - Yes.
- Can I buy ONE set of Raspberry Pi hardware to attend all the other hands-on workshop? - Please read the section below titled "SEAT PRIORITY FOR WORKSHOPS".
- Can I bring my own Raspberry Pi to attend all the other hands-on workshop? - Please read the section below titled "SEAT PRIORITY FOR WORKSHOPS".
- Can I buy Raspberry Pi only when I am there? - You are encouraged to buy online (eg. tickets on the right of this screen) to ensure you get a seat early. Seat priority will be given to those who bought tickets online. You are not encouraged to delay your purchase to the event day as there is high risk you will be disappointed eg. units sold-out, seats fully booked or joining the workshop very late.
- Can I bring my own Raspberry Pi unit and borrow the rest of hardware? - No. Because we don't have any hardware to loan.
- Can I attend the Hands-On Workshop without having any Raspberry Pi? - No. Because we have limited space and seats in the Computer Lab.
ATTENDEES STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO THE JAM
Step 1 - Register online and purchase tickets (hardware as well) online.
Step 2 - Print out the ticket you received from Peatix via email. Bring it along to the event. If you have installed Peatix app on your smartphone, don't have to print, just show your smartphone with the ticket.
Step 3 - Arrive at APU at 8.30AM on 05 Dec 2015. Park your car at public parking area next to APU building, less than 5 minutes walking distance. You will go past APU building on your right before reaching parking on your right.
Step 4 - Enter the Main Entrance, you should see the Lobby area.
Step 5 - At the Lobby, register or Check-In at the Registration Counter by showing your ticket printed from Step 2. Upon successful Check-In you will be given a goodies bag.
Step 6 - Proceed to the lift located behind Registration Counter to get to Auditorium 3 Level 4 or Computer Lab 6 Level 3. Ushers will guide you to the lift.
Step 7 - Attend talks and workshop. For hands-on workshop attendees, get your gear at the Hardware Counter located right outside of the door to Computer Lab 6 at Level 3.
Step 8 - Break time, proceed to Level 4 near staircase area. This applies to workshop attendees at Level 3 as well, go to Level 4 for coffee.
Step 9 - Lunch time, proceed to Cafeteria at Lower Ground.
Step 10 - Closing time at 5.30pm, proceed to Auditorium 3 Level 4 for short speech, get your feedback forms. Fill-up and submit at Lobby to get your free gift.
HANDS-ON WORKSHOP DETAILS
1. Setting-Up Pi and File Server by Vicknesh - suitable for those who are completely new to Raspberry Pi. Attendees will learn setup Raspberry Pi from scratch.
2. Raspberry Pi As Media Centre using Kodi by Terence Tan - suitable for those who are completely new to Raspberry Pi with the intent to use it for home entertainment like watching movies and listening to music, just to name some examples.
3. Build A Pi Snap Camera by Terence Tan - suitable for those who already know how to setup a Raspberry Pi or those who likes a shortcut to fun stuff like building a camera using the Raspberry Pi Camera add-on board. It is not mandatory to know how to setup Raspberry Pi before attending this workshop.
4. Learn To Code with Python and Minecraft by Jeremy Johnson - an introductory level python programming course, that teaches students how to program, with a focus on using small snippets of code to quickly build things in Minecraft. Minecraft for Raspberry Pi is a game where players can open the game code and useprogramming language to manipulate things in the game world.
5. Stream Live-Video Anywhere Using Pi by Reza Khosravi - learn how to setup Raspberry Pi withcamera attached to stream live video to Internet from behind any firewalled network without any changes to network device configuration. Experience in Linux commands and knowledge on computer networking will be helpful but not mandatory.
6. Building a Weather Station using Sense HAT by Terence Tan - learn how to make your own Weather Station by setting-up the Sense HAT add-on board on your Raspberry Pi and learn how to use coding to read temperature, humidity and pressure data from the Sense HAT sensors to predictweather.
REGISTRATION/CHECK-IN @ Lobby (8:30AM until 10.30AM)
The event will start with attendees registering at registration counters at the lobby to get their goodie bags. Along with the goodie bags, attendees will get a detail event itinerary for the day.
OPENING CEREMONY @ Auditorium 3 Level 4 (09:00AM to 09:30AM)
APU as the venue sponsor will give a short welcome speech followed by a short speech by Malaysia Pi Club.
TALKS @ Auditorium 3 Level 4 (9:30AM to 5:30PM)
09:30 AM - Telepresence and Tour Guide robot using Raspberry PI by Mr. Suresh Gobee of APU
10:00 AM - Building Robots with Raspberry Pi by Mr. Mohammad Omar of UKM
10.30 AM - Break (Coffee, tea and snacks at Level 4 near staircase)
11:00 AM - Moving Towards Internet Of Things by Dr. Hossein Anisi of Universiti Malaya
11:30 AM - IoT For Home Automation by Reza Khosravi of Skymics Sdn Bhd
12:00 PM - Bluetooth Low Energy with Raspberry Pi by Mr. Yap Wen Jiun of MMU
12:30 PM - Lunch @ Lower Ground Floor Cafeteria
01:30 PM - Why do we invent? by Zhi, Teacher from SMK Puchong
02:00 PM - Kids, Code and Electronics: Transforming next generation from digital consumers to digital masters by Mr.Partiban of Young Scientist Sdn Bhd
02:30 PM - Exploration of Raspberry Pi in UTM Razak School by Dr. Fatimah Salim, Dr. Siti Armiza Mohd. Aris and Dr. Sathiabama T.Thirugnana
03:00 PM - Break (Coffee, tea and snacks at Level 4 near staircase)
03:30 PM - Making An Impact with Raspberry Pi Projects by Sam Ng, co-founder of Raspberry Pi Penang & Founder of Raspberry Pi Klang Valley
04:00 PM - Writing a Slack bot using NodeJS to run on a Raspberry Pi by Vick Nesh, co-founder of Raspberry Pi Penang
04:30 PM - Python on Pi by Ng Swee Meng of Python User Group Malaysia
05:00 PM - Networking Session
HANDS-ON WORKSHOPS @ Computer Lab 6 Level 3 (9:30AM to 5:30PM)
09:30 AM - Getting your Raspberry Pi up and running and setting up Raspberry Pi for File sharing by Vick Nesh, co-founder of Raspberry Pi Penang (please bring your own laptop with SD card reader. Only laptop with Microsoft Windows will be supported).
10:30 AM - Break (Coffee, tea and snacks at Level 4 near staircase)
11:00 AM - Raspberry Pi As Media Centre using Kodi by Terence Tan of Element 14 SG
12:00 PM - Lunch @ Lower Ground Floor Cafeteria
01:00 PM - Building A Pi Snap Camera by Terence Tan of Element 14 SG
02:00 PM - Stream Live-Video Anywhere Using Pi by Reza Khosravi of Skymics Sdn Bhd
03:00 PM - Break (Coffee, tea and snacks at Level 4 near staircase)
03:30 PM - Learn To Code with Python and Minecraft by Jeremy Johnson of Softworks Consultancy
04:30 PM - Building a Weather Station using Sense HAT by Terence Tan of Element 14 SG
CLOSING CEREMONY @ Auditorium 3 Level 4 (05:30PM to 6:00PM)
Short speech by APU and Malaysia Pi Club. Feedback form distribution and Special Gifts distribution.
WHAT IS KL RASPBERRY JAM?
WHAT IS RASPBERRY PI?
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Primary and Secondary School students who wants to know how Raspberry Pi were used in university projects
- Raspberry Pi enthusiast who wants to know more or network with other enthusiast
- Engineering and Computer Science professionals, practitioners, hobbyist, students and lecturers looking for ideas or someone to collaborate
- Members of the public in general who has interest on any of the above topics
TICKETS AND CHARGES
SEAT PRIORITY FOR WORKSHOPS
LRT SHUTTLE & PARKING
- The event description was updated. Diff#134740 2015-12-03 18:42:49
8:30 AM - 6:00 PM MYT
All Talks from 9am to 6pm FULL Hands-On Workshop: Setting-Up Pi and File Server (include Raspberry Pi 2 B, 8GB SD Card, Official Pi USB Power Supply, Official Raspberry Pi Case SOLD OUT RM253.00 Hands-On Workshop: Raspberry Pi As Media Centre using Kodi (include Raspberry Pi 2 B, 8GB, SD Card, Official Pi USB Power Supply, Official Raspberry Pi Case) SOLD OUT RM253.00 Hands-On Workshop: Learn To Code with Python and Minecraft (include Raspberry Pi 2 B, 8GB SD Card, Official Pi USB Power Supply, Official Pi Case) SOLD OUT RM253.00 Hands-On Workshop: Stream Live-Video Anywhere Using Pi (include Raspberry Pi 2 B, 8GB SD Card, Official Pi Camera, Official Pi USB Power Supply, Official Pi Case) SOLD OUT RM335.00 Hands-On Workshop: Build A Pi Snap Camera (include Raspberry Pi 2 B, Official Pi Camera, 8GB SD Card, PiFace2 Control and Display, Official Pi USB Power Supply, Official Raspberry Pi Case) SOLD OUT RM440.00 Hands-On Workshop: Building a Weather Station using Sense HAT (include Raspberry Pi 2 B, Sense HAT, 8GB SD Card, Official Pi USB Power Supply, Official Raspberry Pi Case) SOLD OUT RM406.00
- Venue Address
- Asia Pacific University, Technology Park Malaysia Bukit Jalil, 57000 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Malaysia Raspberry Pi Club594 Followers